The Adirondacker is Hosting its First Annual Photography Contest!
Every week, The Adirondacker hosts a photo contest on their Facebook page.
Due to the popularity of this contest, we have decided to bring forth an annual photography contest “with prizes”!
Please read the rules carefully!
- This contest’s theme is, of course, “All Things Adirondack” (Open).
- The contest is open to anyone 18 and older, who is “not” a professional photographer. For the purposes of this contest, “professional photographer” refers to anyone who relies solely on his or her photography as their primary source of income. Under 18 must have parental consent. We want to encourage photographers of all ages. Entry is free.
- First, Second and Third place finishes will be called and awarded.
- Images must have been captured “inside” the Adirondack Park within the last two years.
- Images will be accepted in Color and Black & White.
- Photos must look natural. Over-saturated photos and over-processed HDR photos will not be considered. If a photo looks “radioactive”, it will not be considered. Please do not over-sharpen images.
- Photos may not contain nudity or offensive language or material. Please keep it family-friendly.
- Photos do not have to be made in digital format. If you have a photograph made from a negative or a slide, they are welcome, as long as they are scanned and submitted as a jpeg image.
- Photos will be judged based on their overall look. Good composition, color, exposure, sharpness and originality will be considered in choosing the winning images.
- Please only submit a maximum of two (2) photos. If more than two (2) photos are submitted, only the first two (2) photos received will be considered. Previous entries and winners of The Adirondacker’s weekly photo contest are welcome.
- Please submit high-resolution photos in jpeg form, with the photo title and entrant’s name as the file name (ie. Connery Pond John Smith), in order for us to stay organized. Please keep the images’ dimensions to within 3600 x 2400 pixels, and also include any other information about the location if it is not in the title. Please include your contact information in the email.
- Submissions may be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or through DropBox with the email@example.com email address.
- Cut-off for submissions is December 15th, 2018.
- Winners will be announced on January 1st, 2019.
- The Adirondacker reserves the right to use any submitted and/or winning photos for promotional purposes. Photos may appear in print version of The Adirondacker.
- Employees of Metro Mattress do not qualify for the Metro Mattress gift card.
Prizes for winning photos will be as follows:
2nd Place: $50 pre-paid Visa gift card.
3rd Place: $25 Pre-paid Visa gift card.
Please note; more prizes may be added throughout the year!